Elinor Evans - Borrowing Tunes!
As musicians we take inspiration from a variety of resources. This is especially true for the clarsach as most of the old repertoire was lost. Nevertheless, we can recreate “original” music for the harp by borrowing tunes from other traditional instruments such as fiddle or pipes. On this course, Elinor will teach her own arrangements of some of her favourite tunes from Scotland, as well as discussing the sources of the tunes to help you to find new tunes to arrange yourselves.
- Saturday 10th April, 16:00-17:15
- Sunday 11th April, 16:00-17:15
- Monday 12th April, 16:00-17:15
For guidance on course levels, how to access Zoom courses or anything else Festival-related, please visit our FAQs.
- Zoom link and music will be emailed before your course
- Zoom courses will not be recorded
- Zoom courses are capped at 15 students
- Zoom sessions will begin 15 minutes before the advertised start time to allow for welcome and friendly chat, and to ensure all are ready to start on time
- Three-day Course
- 10 April 2021
- Online Courses